Need a fun activity during winter break to do with the kids? Here’s how to make your own star crayons! #BoredomBuster #KidsCraft
Making your own crayons is a fun project to do with the kids, especially older children. You can also make them ahead of time and surprise little ones with the finished result. For best results, follow the instructions carefully.
You can change the colors by simply swapping out the color of the crayons you start with. The Star Silicone Mold gives the crayons their shape. Blue and white starts with silver glitter would be so pretty, too! Do you have a girly girl in the house? Make a batch of pink, purple and gold hearts by using a Silicone Heart Mold. There are so many great possibilities!
Make Your Own Crayons
Makes: 4 Stars
- 7 Green crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- 7 Red crayons (can be different shades, or the same)
- Star Silicone Mold (or any shape you prefer)
- Assortment of Red, Green, Silver and Gold Glitter
- Preheat oven at 275-degrees F.
- Remove paper from each crayon.
- Using a knife carefully cut each crayon into tiny pieces.
- Shake silver glitter into 2 star-shaped molds.
- Add green crayon pieces into those 2 star-shaped molds.
- Cover the green crayon pieces with additional silver glitter.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for green glitter and red crayons.
- Heat in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove (make sure crayons have turned into liquid).
- Let cool at room temperature overnight (or in freezer for 2 hours for faster results).
These crayons make great gifts for classmates and cousins, holiday party favors and are cute stocking stuffers, too!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Should you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, Juggling Act Mama will earn a small commission, but it will not affect the cost of your purchase. Thank you for supporting my small business!