I love meals that fully cook themselves in the slow cooker. This Italian Roast Beef with Red Skin Potatoes & Carrots is one of those meals.
Is the weather cooling off in your neck of the woods yet? Last week I got to bust out my hoodies & boots but it’s been back to the high 60’s this week. I’m not complaining though, fall colors + spring temperatures is pretty much my favorite. Today I took my daughter to a cider mill. We’ve already been to three this year! We’re turning into quite the cider and donut connoisseurs. Today’s weren’t great, they were on the greasy side, which is never good in a donut.
I love fall colors, layers of clothes, and slow cooker meals. They’re so easy, especially ones that include an entire meal. My husband brought home this roast on a Sunday morning and I threw it in the slow cooker with the baby carrots and red skin potatoes then we ran our errands.
I went with Italian flavors with this one, starting with an Italian dressing packet and a few other seasonings. You whisk everything together, pour it over the meat and veggies and give it a few hours. So easy. I steamed some broccoli to go with it and called it a day.
You could also easily make a gravy out of the juice if you want some for your meat and potatoes. Add it to a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in some flour, cook until smooth, the whisk in some broth and cook until it thickens.
- 2-3 lb roast
- ~8 oz. carrots
- 4 large red skin potatoes, washed & chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lay the beef in the bottom of your slow cooker and cut small slits into it with a sharp knife.
- Layer the chopped potatoes and baby carrots around the sides of the roast.
- In a medium bowl, add the water and all seasonings and whisk together.
- Pour over the roast and veggies.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Some other slow cooker meals you might like…
What’s your favorite slow cooker meal? I’d love some more ideas!
Latest posts by Melissa Williams (see all)
- Brown Sugar M and M Cookies - April 19, 2016
- Two Ingredient Creamy Salsa Dip - December 15, 2015
- Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef with Potatoes & Carrots - October 12, 2015