Beautiful bottles of Homemade Vanilla Extract are perfect #homemadegifts for all the foodies on your Christmas list!
This time of year, I’m thinking about my Christmas list a lot. I love giving homemade gifts – they just feel really personal and wonderful. If you love the idea of homemade gifts from the kitchen, this one takes the cake! It will last long after you give it – in fact, it will get better with time! Homemade Vanilla Extract is one of the easiest homemade gifts, but you have to START NOW! The vanilla extract needs 6-8 weeks for the flavors to meld, so let’s get right to it!
Copy Right Notice: You may print and download these files solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. For more information, please see our Copy Right Notice.
Homemade Vanilla Extract #homemadegifts
Makes about (8) 3-oz bottles
1 quart Mason Jar with lid
Mini Stainless Steel Funnel (optional, but very helpful)
3 cups Vodka (70 proof)
Labels (click to download)
1. Cut each vanilla bean in half, and then lengthwise. Place into the mason jar.
2. Add the vodka to the mason jar (make sure the beans are completely submerged). Tightly secure the cover and give the jar a shake.
3. Shake the jar once or twice a week for at least 6 weeks.
4. Pour the mixture into a bowl through a strainer to remove the beans.
5. Use the funnel to carefully pour the vanilla extract into the glass bottles – each will hold about 3 oz. of liquid. Tightly secure the tops.
Optional: I decided to put one piece of vanilla bean back into each jar, the flavor will continue to deepen, and it really looks pretty, too!
Then I used a single-hole punch to make a small hole and threaded the bakers twine through the hole to tie it onto bottles.
These make the perfect addition to a Cookie Mix Jar or food gift basket for anyone that loves to bake!
Want more great Food Gift ideas?
Latest posts by Ang Paris (see all)
- How to Get Free Admission to Your Local Zoo or Aquarium - April 26, 2017
- Best Cinco de Mayo Cocktails - April 25, 2017
- Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie - April 24, 2017