Forget expensive store-bought spice mixes that are full if fillers and try this Homemade Apple Pie Spice Mix – it’s the quintessential flavors of Fall!
I love every single thing about Fall in New England (except that it leads to winter). The weather is perfect with cool crisp mornings and warm sunny afternoons. And the flavors of Fall just can’t be beat – apples, pumpkins and lots of cinnamon! It’s so simple and makes a wonderful gift, too!
Apple Pie Spice Mix is one of those things that is great to have on hand for seasoning all kinds of delicious goodies. I love baking with fresh apples and also applesauce, and this is the perfect accompaniment for that tasty apple flavor. But, let’s face it, it’s waaay overpriced at the grocery store! You can buy good quality spices and make your own mix in just a few minutes.
This recipe makes about 3/4 of a cup. I like to take 1/2 cup and package it into a 4oz mason jar, add a ribbon and pretty gift tag and give it as a gift with some fresh apples and one of my recipe cards. The rest fits nicely into a salt/pepper size shaker jar for my own use.
- 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all spice
- 4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Combine the spices and very gently whisk them together.
- Use a funnel to transfer the mixture into a small mason jar.
- Store in a sealed container for best freshness. Small canning jars work great.
- This also makes a wonderful gift - add a pretty ribbon and package it up with some fresh apples for a sweet little semi-homemade gift.
Love making your own mixtures of spices and seasonings? Try making these other tasty mixes:
Still craving more recipes? Check out my Apple Pinterest board!
Latest posts by Ang Paris (see all)
- How to Get Free Admission to Your Local Zoo or Aquarium - April 26, 2017
- Best Cinco de Mayo Cocktails - April 25, 2017
- Salted Caramel Mocha Protein Smoothie - April 24, 2017