Good morning! It’s Katie from View From The Fridge back again, today! In honor of the first official day of Fall (yes, it’s here!), I thought I’d share a festive (and very quick) project with you … an EASY 5 Minute DIY Fall Wreath!
Here it is on our door:
Looks Fall-ish, right?
With my Fall decor this year, I’m going for a neutral color scheme with some accents of orange and turquoise thrown in. This wreath happens to fit right in, and the best part???? I was able to make it while all three of my boys were playing right next to me. It was so simple, I finished before anyone started crying, got in a fight, starting whining, or wanted a snack! Huge WIN!! Go Mom!
Here’s how …
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Grapevine Wreath. Mine was about 12″ in diameter and I found it at Michael’s for $5.99 (use your coupon, and it’s an even better deal!)
- Faux Wheat Stems. I also found these at Michael’s. One huge bunch for $4.99 (I used less than half for this wreath, and put these others in a vase on the mantel).
- Zip ties or string, twine, ribbon … just something to secure the wheat stems to the wreath.
- 4″ thick burlap ‘ribbon’ (found in the ribbon aisle of the craft store)
- Accent ‘ribbon’. I found this turquoise ruffled fabric ribbon at Michael’s (I sound like an advertisement for Michael’s here, don’t I ….).
- Clip on pre-made flower (again, from Michael’s, but you could always make your own similar to these I made earlier this Summer)
- Wood ‘welcome’ sign (again … Michael’s and then I painted it turquoise)
- Hot Glue Gun
And here’s how easy the process is … 5 minutes, tops (I took me more time to figure out how to hang it correctly on our door!).
- Using zip ties, string, twine, or whatever you might have on hand, tie the wheat stems to the wreath as shown:
- Next, wrap the burlap ribbon around the stems covering the zip ties or string. I wrapped it around twice and then glued the ends together in the back.
- Tie your accent ribbon around the burlap and secure with hot glue in the back.
- Hot Glue your WELCOME letters to either side of the wreath and clip on your flower!
The final step is to hang and admire!! (I used some extra fabric I had laying around for the wreath ‘hanger’, but you could also use ribbon, twine, more burlap, yarn … or nothing and just hang it straight on a nail!).
That’s it! I promise it really is a quick project that has your door looking mighty festive for the first day of Fall!
Thanks for having me here today! I’d love for you to pop over and say ‘Hi’ over at View From The Fridge! I’ll be showing this and more of my Fall Decor on Wednesday in our ‘Fall Tour’. Which reminds me … I better go clean the house for that …
If you liked this easy wreath project, I also shared an easy Doll Pin Wreath last month here:
Or, you can check out two other of my Fall Decor posts here:
BE GRATEFUL Pallet Art:
INDUSTRIAL / RUSTIC WOOD BLOCK ‘PUMPKINS’:
Until next month ….