Hi again! Katie here from View From The Fridge, and this month I’m back with a super simple and quick wreath. This Doll Pin Wreath is perfect for all seasons (including the quickly approaching Fall).
I wanted something neutral for our front door. We have a yellow house, green roof, and bright blue planters on our front porch (with pink flowers). Needless to say, we have a lot going on. I wanted a wreath that was simple and neutral in color. I wanted a wreath that I could use across multiple seasons. And … I wanted a wreath that was inexpensive and quick to create (and also didn’t include faux flowers … just not a fan of those!).
Enter my DIY Doll Pin Wreath:
I’m starting to think about decorating for Fall this year (even though I desperately don’t want to say goodbye to Summer!), and I think I’m going to go simple and neutral. Whites and greys, lots of natural elements, and just a couple very small pops of orange and turquoise. I’m not a huge fan of lots of bright oranges and yellows everywhere in the fall (in my house, that is!), and I’m not a huge fan of decorating inside for Halloween. This wreath fits right into my vision for my decor this year; natural elements, neutral, with just a pop of color! And, the best part??? It takes only about 15 minutes to create (which is also key for me amongst the craziness of three little boys running around our house).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Floral ring found at any craft store. I used a 12″ ring.
- THREE packs of Wood Doll Pins – 25 pieces each (I had to go back to Michael’s after this picture was taken … ugh!).
- Ribbon, Burlap, Fabric, etc to hang wreath. You could totally stick with the natural and neutral vibe here and stick with JUST a strip of burlap, jute, raffia, etc. I picked up some grey burlap and turquoise pre-ruffled fabric from Michael’s.
And here’s how easy this wreath is to create:
- Simply start sliding your doll pins onto the floral ring one at a time. Tip: do this slowly, as they fit tight (this is good), but could crack if you jam them on there too quickly.
- Here’s what two packs of doll pins looks like … (so close)
- Finish adding pins until your entire ring is covered:
- Cut your ribbon, burlap, fabric, etc for the wreath hanger. I used a 2″ roll of grey burlap with a ruffled turquoise fabric on top. I simply pinned them together. I wanted to easily be able to switch up the colors as the seasons change.
- Loop it around your wreath, and hang it up!
That’s it! SO easy!
If you’re looking for a little more color on your wreath, the options from here are endless! Add some fabric flowers (or real flowers!), add a colorful bow, switch up the ribbon, add a mini bunting across the center with ‘hello’ or ‘welcome’, paint the whole wreath, or … tape off some stripes and spray paint!
Like I said, however, I’m going for a simple look here, so I hung it up AS IS, and I love it!
Thanks for having me today! I’ll be back next month with more crafty fun, but in the meantime, I’d love for you to stop over and say hi at View From The Fridge! And … If you liked this simple wreath, you also might like these projects:
Anthropologie Inspired ‘Wool’ Wreath (also neutral and perfect all winter long!):
Until next month …