Happy Monday morning! Hi, I’m Deb back from Cooking on the Front Burner sharing another recipe with Ang’s readers. During the week I really don’t fuss much with breakfast as I’m just trying to get myself ready and out the door heading to work. When it comes to the weekend or maybe we have company, I like to spend a bit more time in the kitchen preparing something delicious!
I think you will really like these pancakes – they are light, fluffy, and just right with a bit of lemon along with blueberries and poppy seeds. Breakfast can be kicked up a notch and go from boring to fab!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tbl poppy seeds
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 2 tbl butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl combine the buttermilk, eggs, butter, zest and poppy seeds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ones and stir until just combined. (If too thick add 2 additional tablespoons of buttermilk).
- Heat a griddle to medium-hi heat and spray with PAM or use a bit of butter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto griddle and when bottom is golden flip and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite syrup and/or butter
If you are looking for another breakfast recipe, I recently made these individual Ham and Leek Quiches. Perfect for brunch too!